Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mos Def Tonight!


Mos Def began his music career in 1994 with a group called Urban Thermo Dynamics before going solo in 1996. Shortly after that, Mos Def and Talib Kweli formed the group Black Star. Mos Def has also been acting since he was 14, with his most notable acting role before his music career being Bill Cosby's sidekick on the short-lived detective show, The Cosby Mysteries. In 1997, he also had a small role alongside Michael Jackson in his short film and music video "Ghosts."

I'll be heading to First Avenue tonight to check out Mos Def! He is MOS DEFinitely one of my favorite underground hip-hop artists. I have a feeling this will be an amazing show! Mos Def has a pretty distinct style in his lyrics that I can't help but enjoy listening to. He's worked with so many other very talented artists and has made some awesome collaborations. It's also my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow and he's probably as much of a Mos Def fan as I am. Since neither of us have seen him before I think it would be pretty foolish if we missed our chance to tonight. I'll be sure to post a review after the show!

Unfortunately Ticket King is sold out of tickets for this event, sorry guys!




No comments: