Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mos Def at First Avenue


Friday evening I went to the Mos Def show at First Avenue and had a blast! The show started a little late but once it got going, it was great! Jay Electronica opened for him. His style sort of reminded me of the well-respected rapper Nas, another one of my favorites. After Jay Electronica performed, I stepped outside for a few minutes and was lucky enough to see Mos Def walk out of his tour bus and go into the side entrance at First Avenue! He had his head down with a hood on but I still recognized him right away. When Mos Def finally came on stage, the crowd went wild! He began his performance playing these huge bongo type drums and played an awesome show for a good hour and a half. He performed a couple classic songs but most of them were newer. I really enjoyed the reggae part of his performance, which I'd never heard him do before. It was a nice change! I'm very happy with the way the show turned out and would definitely go see him again! I also will be sure to get my First Avenue tickets from Ticket King again since they were so reasonably priced and so convenient to buy.
Thanks again Ticket King!!

No comments: