Tuesday, July 28, 2009

10,000 Lakes Festival 2009



This was my third year attending the 10,000 Lakes Festival in Detroit Lakes this past weekend and I must admit that this year was definitely my favorite so far! The festival starts on Wednesday and goes through Sunday, giving festival-goers plenty of time to explore the spacious area and enjoy the beautiful music. Honestly, I wasn't super excited about the lineup at first but once I got there that all changed. We arrived on Wednesday evening and quickly found a spot to camp and set up. Then we headed to the concert bowl to watch Widespread Panic, followed by Pretty Lights. Both were awesome but I definitely enjoyed Pretty Lights more. They played with an amazingly upbeat style and had an awesome light show to go with it. Thursday evening we caught Atmosphere, which is one of my favorite hip-hop groups. This was the second time I've seen them live and they played an awesome show full of energy! Friday night we saw Widespread Panic again, followed by Wookiefoot- both of which were a lot of fun. If you've never heard of them, Wookiefoot is an extraordinary group of people that provide the most amazing stage show full of energy and spontaneous costumes. Not to mention their music is something you can't help but dance to. Saturday was time for Dave Matthews Band, who I've never really gotten into too much but I really enjoyed them live. Dave was full of energy and the crowd went crazy the whole time he played. I can honestly say I'm addicted to the 10,000 Lakes Festival and will be attending it every year that I'm able to! The land is very peaceful and there are so many fun and crazy people running around that it's nearly impossible to get bored there. The weather couldn't have been much better over the weekend. It didn't get too hot and it didn't rain much except for a very brief storm while Atmosphere played. Although it could have been a little warmer at night, I still enjoyed every moment I was there and can't wait until next year!!!!!

No comments: