Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bella Madre Music Fest!

I have to share a little about the amazing weekend I just had. I went to a music festival in Geneva, MN, called Bella Madre. This is the second time I've been to this particular fest and probably the sixth time I've been to these campgrounds, which have something very special about them. Last year's fest was called Bella Sol and was also an amazing time! But something was different this year.. The vibe was so awesome! They had a huge lineup with around 65 acts performing from Thursday until Sunday. There was a huge variety of music too, including a bunch of jam-bands, reggae, dub, hip-hop, dub-step, electronica, alternative, folk, jazz, rock, trip-hop, psy-hop and everything in between! My favorite was definietly the headliner- Bassnectar. And what a funky but SWEET name he has. This dude is a San Francisco-based DJ and producer that makes some of the coolest syles of music I've ever heard. Unfortunately, he was forced to end his set early because of a complaint the campgrounds received but overall, I had a phenomenal time! We camped with a group of friends and met so many cool, new people. There were drum circles, fire dancers, DJs, belly dancers, vendors selling art, food and tons of other stuff. I honestly haven't had that much fun in a long time and definitely recommend going to a music festival if this sounds appealing to you at all!

There's actually another much larger music festival coming up in July. You can get 10,000 Lakes Festival tickets here. I've also been to this twice and definitely recommend it as well!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is Geneva, MN ? Was it an easy drive?

The Music Fest sounds cool. Minnesota is such a hotbed for music and music festivals - we are an artsy state!

Ticket King Minneapolis said...

It was a very easy drive! 35W all the way! About an hour south - not bad at all! And soooo worth it :) The memories will last a lifetime.