Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ziggy Marley Minnesota Zoo Amphitheatre

Being a huge fan of reggae music, Bob Marley has definitely influenced my musical tastes more than any other reggae musician. Over the last few years I have expanded my musical horizon to discover so many more great artists, including the members of the Marley family. I've had the opportunity to see a couple of the Marley brothers before, including Damian & Rohan- now I can add Ziggy to that list! 


The New Primitives opened the show and I must say they ROCK! I've seen them play at Nye's Polonaise before, as they perform weekly. If you haven't heard of them before, they are a super jammin local reggae band that has been playing in the Twin Cities for years-- and I HIGHLY recommend checking them out live.


After a short break in between sets, Ziggy's band began playing and shortly after that Ziggy made his way to the stage rocking his knee-length dreads. The set-list included a variety of Ziggy's music over the years and they even performed a couple of Bob's tracks. My favorite track all night was definitely Love Is My Religion. I had an amazing time watching Ziggy and would definitely attend another one of his shows if I had the opportunity! By the way, my seats were AWESOMELY located in the 5th row of the center section so the view couldn't have been much better- Thanks to Ticket King!!!

No comments: